We have secured the kitchen finish I want at a price we can afford ($6000 cheaper than what the builder quoted!!) because we are going direct to the supplier plus we have and a few small things amended on our building contract -
- The excavation/site costs have now been removed from the provisonal sums. This should avoid any nasty 'site cost' surprises during construction.
- We have been given some extra water taps and outdoor power points.
- We now have the gas point to the alfresco included.
- Our staircase is being upgraded to a solid timber staircase.
- We are getting 3 phase power included.
Contracts signed with the builder today. Things are looking good for a site start in March!!
I visited a tile supplier/importer yesterday and arranged a great deal on some Italian imported tiles. Now things are starting to feel very real...
Watch this space as construction photos will be coming soon-ish (March) !!!